Monday morning

Post your images here for a (perhaps frank!) appraisal by other club members

Monday morning

Postby rogerb » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:52 pm

It looked promising on Monday morning (yesterday), but I decided there wasn't enough fog and mist to make it worth getting out, so I poked the camera out of the highest window in the house. Maybe it should be in the Take a look thread, as the main criticism is simple: I should have got and gone to the top of the Beacon in the freezing cold at 6 a m to be ready for this (taken at 6.47 am) and so I had more choice over composition. As RAW files always start a bit flat, I punched up the colours a LITTLE bit, but not much. Honestly! It was pretty much like this for a few minutes. I did a little post-camera gardening as the neighbour's trees are too tall, and went for a bit of detail in the house, though trying to keep the shadows. Or should the bottom have been darker perhaps?

Roger
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rogerb

Re: Monday morning

Postby peterr » Sun Nov 03, 2019 8:57 pm

Yes, it does looks like an early morning trip up the hills might have been in order. I was fast asleep at 6:40, but when I looked out at 7:30 it was nothing like this. Clearly, the sky (which is stunning) is the main subject, but the crop at the bottom doesn't seem very natural and I think the bottom 10% of the image is where it falls down. You could try cropping just above the windows to just leave the rooftops, but I still think it still would make a rather uncomfortable composition.

Peter R
peterr

Return to Critique thread