Street group recommencing.....

Now led by Phil Morgan, this group will explore the possibilities of candid and other 'street' photography. Phil can be contacted using street@beaconcameraclub.co.uk.

Street group recommencing.....

Postby PhilM » Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:32 pm

So 'Street' special interest group has become my responsibility....I think I even volunteered......I think!?!
I guess first things first...we need the meetings back up and running. My personnel preference would be to have them face to face, rather than the personality void zoom type meetings...and I believe it was a monthly get together with extra curricula activities organised on an ad hoc basis. I've got some idea of the direction of travel but would welcome ideas and thoughts of what you want it to be. I am no expert in this genre but enjoy it and love the being out there and the flexible creativity 'street' offers.....also there's always a coffee shop or pub nearby!
So reach out my fellow snappers and let me know if you're interested and what you want....and let the magic begin.
p.s. I'm writing this from Milton Keynes Art Gallery where I'm about to view a collection of work by Vivian Maier. Google her if you don't know of her and for those who have access to Amazon Prime Video watch 'Finding Vivian Maier'...fascinating stuff.
PhilM
Members' representative

Re: Street group recommencing.....

Postby PatriciaS » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:57 pm

Good to see first meeting is on the Calender. Looking forward to joining you......all
PatriciaS

Re: Street group recommencing.....

Postby PhilM » Mon Nov 07, 2022 1:32 pm

Hi All
Just a quick reminder the Street Group is on tomorrow (8th November) at 7:30 The Great Malvern Hotel. For those who cant make it can I ask for views on a couple of issues, I'd like to start a Whatsapp group for those who can acess it, if intrested can you send me a mobile number via the street email and I'll add you. Other groups have them and it works really well for keeping in touch, updates etc etc.
Also despite my intial thoughts on it being a face to face meeting I do wonder if Zoom is the best option going forward (with perhaps the occasional exception?)...again grateful for thoughts via email or whats app when up and running (there a few already on it.)
email is street@beaconcameraclub.co.uk
PhilM
Members' representative

Return to Street