Info from last meeting

Now led by Phil Morgan, this group will explore the possibilities of candid and other 'street' photography. Phil can be contacted using street@beaconcameraclub.co.uk.

Info from last meeting

Postby PhilM » Sat Jul 15, 2023 1:15 pm

Ok some updates and feedback from the last meeting....11 July 2023. Firstly, thank you to those attending, a good show, I think. And thank you to those who shared some images form Cardiff and their own outings, always good to see what pole are up to.
We discussed the format of future outings at length and this generated some great ideas and eventually a shared understanding. So we agreed that wandering the streets in big’ish groups is fraught with challenges and although not wanting to dilute the social aspect of our meets it was agreed we would split into smaller groups of max 3….or if people wanted to fly solo then this of course was fine too. There was also an agreement that we would all take some responsibility for looking at proposed venues and doing some homework around locations and points of interest, we can then share and decide who goes were etc. Also suggested looking at getting ‘what 3 words’ App, ideal for pinpointing fellow snappers and sharing hotspots either before or during meet ups.
So the next trip then……looking at an overnight stay in Brighton. Weekend of 30th Sept-1st Oct. Appreciate this is late in the season, but I can’t do any other time over the next 2 months. So happy for it to be another weekend but I will need someone to take the lead on it although will support in the organising (to a point). Need some feedback soon on this and then we can start thinking accommodation.
Future meetings….the zoom option still seems to be going well, I suspect more attendees that way?
Ideas were thrown around for some ideas for the next few meetings, as follows then:-
8th August everyone attending (that wants to) bring a before and after image (just one) and share why you made the changes you did, with feedback from other if wanted. Please have your images ready for the night to share, i.e don’t send them to me as I won’t have time to sort them (will have just come back from hols).
12th September, A week before the meeting, those joining, to send a unadulterated raw/jpeg image to me via street@beaconcameraclub.co.uk. I will then pass them on anonymously to another SIG member. You will work on an edit of your own image and the other member will undertake their own edit, we then bring them back and compare and contrast and offer feedback. So assuming we have the numbers we will all end up editing our own to our taste and editing someone else’s to show, whilst see what they have done to your image….of course it makes sense!!!
10th October share an image you have found online and discuss what you like and/or don’t like about it. Brighton images to be shown (assuming we went)
Think that’s all for now, if I missed anything please shout.
Thank you all for the support and commitment…and remember keep tickling those tonsils.
PhilM
Members' representative

Return to Street