Annual AV Competition Mon 6th April - deadline 16th March

The Beacon Audio Visual Group is led by Peter Warner ARPS and was set up to support members in creating audio-visual sequences and developing their understanding and expertise in producing them. From Sept 2017 the group meet on a monthly basis, usually on the first Monday evening of the month, at the Great Malvern Hotel. The programme includes a mixture of workshops, sharing of AVs, lectures and an annual competition. Peter can be contacted using av@beaconcameraclub.co.uk.

Annual AV Competition Mon 6th April - deadline 16th March

Postby peterw » Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:22 pm

A reminder to everyone that the AV competition is fast approaching on 6th April. The deadline for entries is Monday 16th March. The deadline is set three weeks before the competition to allow me time to organise them and send them to the judge and for the judge to have time to preview them.

The competition will be judged by Martin Addison FRPS

This is an 'Open' competition and you are able to submit up to two AVs, each being less than 12 minutes long.

The rules for the competition are attached.

The best way to submit entries is via WeTransfer to my email address: peter@peterwarner.co.uk. Alternatively you can give me the entrias on a memory stick or disc.

Let me know if you have any queries.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peterw

Re: Annual AV Competition Mon 6th April - deadline 16th Marc

Postby peterw » Sat Mar 14, 2020 4:18 pm

A reminder to everyone that the deadline for this year's competition is 16th March. PLease send your entries via WeTransfer to peter@peterwarner.co.uk.

Thanks
peterw

Postby peterw » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:27 pm

We will be holding a Zoom meeting on Tuesday 28th April at 7:30pm to view the competition entries and talk about the judges comments and hear the results.

Details of the login and the way to acccess and view the AVs will follow.
peterw

Postby peterw » Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:23 pm

Zoom Meeting Tuesday 28th April

The plan for tomorrow night is for us to hold a Zoom meeting to view and discuss the AV Competition entries. In order to do this you will need to be able to switch between Zoom and Smugmug. The AVs have been uploaded onto Steve’s Smugmug account.

I propose that we:

• Open the Zoom meeting at 7pm for members to start joining ready for a 7:30pm start.
• We’ll start the meeting at 7:30 and I’ll indicate which AV we’ll begin with, then if everybody watches the AV on thir computer using Smugmug we should be able to see them all in a smooth running way. After each AV we can revert back to Zoom to talk about them and listen to the notes that Martin has sent. At the end of the evening I will let you know the results.
• I will invite Martin to visit the club after we have been able to get back into the Vale and we can see them in all their glory on the big screen with the sound system.
• After the evening Steve will delete the AVs from his Smugmug account.

You can access it by following the link below and keying in the password ‘Beacon’

https://meadowview.smugmug.com/Hobby-Ph ... n-AV-Comp/

The meeting will be hosted on Zoom and will be the same login as it is for Thursday night meetings

https://zoom.us/j/916439204

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow.
peterw

Postby peterw » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:26 am

Thanks to all who dialed in last night to see the competition AVs. To confirm the results:

First - 'A Piece of Cake' - by Jon Lloyd
Second - 'Wake Me Up' - by Peter Warner
Third - 'In Nature' - by Jill Williams
Highly Commended - 'Waterloo Sunset' - by Peter Warner
Commended - 'Messing About On The River - by Steve Reeves

Thanks to all who entered.
peterw

Postby jillw » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:40 pm

Congratulations Jon. It was a good evening. Looking forward to seeing all the entries again on the big screen when we get back in the real world of Beacon.
jillw

Return to Audio-Visual