Midphot 2021 Fri 29th & Sat 30th Jan

The Beacon Audio Visual Group is led by Peter Warner ARPS and was set up to support members in creating audio-visual sequences and developing their understanding and expertise in producing them. From Sept 2017 the group meet on a monthly basis, usually on the first Monday evening of the month, at the Great Malvern Hotel. The programme includes a mixture of workshops, sharing of AVs, lectures and an annual competition. Peter can be contacted using av@beaconcameraclub.co.uk.

Midphot 2021 Fri 29th & Sat 30th Jan

Postby peterw » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:56 pm

This year's Midphot AV Championships will take place on Friday 29th and Saturday 30th January.

There are 46 entries with seven from Beacon, from Jon Lloyd, Nick Browne, Sue Warner and myself. This is the first time you can watch the competition from the comfort of your own home and a great opportunity to see what other people are producing.

I am sure there will be high standard and it will be well worth watching. There are two competitions being judged by three judges: Open and Photo Harmony.

The programme is:

MidPhot 2021 - AV Competition Programme.pdf

You can watch the whole competition or, when you see the programme, you can decide what you would like to watch.

The sessions will be as follows:

Judging Session One – commences at 1930 on Friday 19th (Zoom open from1900)
Judging Session Two – commences at 10.30 on Saturday 30th (Zoom open from 1000)
Judging Session Three – commences at 13.30 on Saturday 30th (Zoom open from 1300)
Results Session Four – commences at 16.00 on Saturday 30th (Zoom open from 1545)

Those who have entered will receive the zoom access code a few days before. If you haven’t entered but would like to watch you can buy tickets for £3 at:

https://www.mcpf.co.uk/event/midphot-av ... ions-2021/

If you have any queries, please get in touch.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peterw

Re: Midphot 2021 Fri 29th & Sat 30th Jan

Postby peterw » Mon Feb 01, 2021 6:04 pm

Beacon Wins!!

This was a great success for Beacon. We had 7 entries out of 46 from Nick Browne, Jon Lloyd, Sue and Peter Warner.

'North of 64' by Nick Browne - Winner of the Photo Harmony competition
'If I knew you were coming' by Jon Lloyd - Received a Judges Award Ribbon (equivalent of Highly Commended) in the Open competition
'hard as iron...' by Peter Warner - Received Commended in the Photo Harmony competition

Also entered:
'Lockdown' by Jon Lloyd
'Bournemead' by Sue Warner
England below me' by Sue Warner
Riders on the storm' by Peter Warner

Nick is the first winner of a Midphot competition from Beacon and, I think, the first ever Beacon winner of any Midphot competition. He was also second in the Audience Vote of the combined competitions.

Beacon had more authors winning awards than any other club in the Midlands, our best showing to date.
peterw

Postby peterw » Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:10 pm

Here are the full Midphot results:

Mid Phot AV Competition 2021 Results.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
peterw

Postby billf » Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:43 pm

Congratulations, well done folks. Very impressive.
billf

Postby SteveR » Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:32 pm

I still think Sue was robbed, but well done everyone else well deserved.

Steve
SteveR
External CompSec

Return to Audio-Visual