Welsh waterfalls trip - October

Peter Richardson (PeterR) will head this group which intends to expand the skill of those interested in landscape photography. Group meetings will include discussion and occasional field trips.

Re: Welsh waterfalls trip - October

Postby peterr » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:37 pm

The arrangements for 20th October

For those departing from Malvern:
Meet at the entrance of the main Splash car park Priory Road Malvern at 09:20 to arrange car sharing. We want to get away at 09:30 prompt.

For those making their own way.
Meet at the car park on the minor road between Pontneddfechan and Ystradfellte. The car park is on the right hand side of the road about two miles north of Pontneddfechan. OS Grid Ref SN918106. Please try to be there at 11:15. we will have to use mobile phones to help co-ordinate.

I am currently expecting MarkH, Marilyn NS, RogerB (and me of course) to meet up at Malvern.
PhilC and MarcB to make their own way there.
LinM still to confirm plans.
Let me know if this is not correct.

PhilC, MarcB: If you are both coming from Hereford you might want to consider travelling together.

There are no facilities (of any sort) on the walk - I suggest bringing a packed lunch.

Keep a close watch on this thread for any late eventualities that may cause cancellation.

Any questions, then I am hoping to be at the club on 12th October and 19th October.
peterr

Postby peterr » Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:21 pm

And forecast is currently for a ridge of high pressure to dictate the weather on Friday 20th - looks likely to be cool, cloudy and also dry until quite late in the day. However, the area of high is sandwiched between two areas of low so we will have to see how things pan out later in the week.

Suggest travelling reasonably light - light but sturdy tripod, lenses covering focal lengths 24-70mm full frame or 16-45mm on APSC (last time I was there I found I was mainly working at around 18mm with an APSC camera). Also recommend taking a polarizing filter.
peterr

Postby MarilynNS » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:59 am

Hi Peter,
Looking forward to the trip on Friday, unable to come to club on Thursday as off to the theatre. Unless I hear otherwise will assume we are still meeting at the Splash car park at 9.20am.
Marilyn
MarilynNS

Postby LinM » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:15 am

I won't be able to attend on Friday as we too are going north to visit my mother-in-law. Sorry - hopefully, I will make the next outing. Thanks for arranging these trips, Peter.
LinM

Previous

Return to Landscape