Landscape SIG outing to Elan Valley - March 2020

Phil Hitchen has offered to lead this group which intends to expand the skill of those interested in landscape photography. Group meetings will include discussion and field trips. Phil can be contacted using landscape@beaconcameraclub.co.uk.

Landscape SIG outing to Elan Valley - March 2020

Postby peterr » Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:18 pm

As discussed at the last Landscape SIG meeting the next outing will be to the Elan Valley. For those who don't know the area, it is very photogenic with hills, waterfalls and reservoirs giving ample opportunity for landscape work. The outing will take place in March and I am proposing candidate dates of Friday 20th March, Saturday 21st March and Sunday 22nd March. It will be a day trip leaving Malvern at around 9a.m. and returning later afternoon. A decision of which day to go for will be taken nearer the time based on preferences and the forecast. By my reckoning we should have reached Storm Noah in the sequence of meteorological events, but hopefully it won't last a full three days! For now please indicate interest on this thread and state which of the three candidate days you are available and which of them you would prefer.

Many thanks

PeterR
peterr

Re: Landscape SIG outing to Elan Valley - March 2020

Postby MarkH » Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:30 pm

Hi Peter,
I am interested, weather permitting, and would prefer Friday or Saturday.
Mark
MarkH

Postby paulb » Mon Feb 24, 2020 4:22 pm

Hi Peter,

Would love this trip as I know the area quite well and it would be an excellent location. My first preference would be the Friday then Saturday.

Paul B
paulb

Postby DavidT » Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:29 pm

I would be interested, but only Saturday or Sunday
DavidT

Postby DavidT » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:18 pm

Note other point - Sunday 22nd March is Mothering Sunday
DavidT

Postby peterr » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:09 pm

PennyW wrote
I would only be able to make the Sunday, but if my Son offers to take me out for lunch I won't be able to make it. I hadn't realised it was Mothering Sunday. It also depends on costs. How far away is the location?

The location is about 65 miles away Penny. I think that it is necessary to buy a day parking pass for the car parks in Elan Valley, but I think the cost is quite modest (£2). We will also look at the possibility of car share. With Sunday being Mothering Sunday, it is more likely that we will go for Friday or Saturday. At the moment Saturday looks the favoured day.
peterr

Postby vickyW » Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:20 pm

Hi Peter, I would be interested I can manage and day but prefer Saturday. Vicky willis
vickyW

Postby MarilynNS » Wed Mar 04, 2020 1:31 pm

I would like to come, weather permitting I would prefer Friday or Sunday as I am hoping to go to Cardiff with the Street group on the Saturday! if both trips are on the Saturday will let you know which one I choose.Would relish the opportunity to get to grips with my filters.
Marilyn
MarilynNS

Postby peterr » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:05 pm

Shame about the potential clash, but when I put this in the club Calendar there was nothing else scheduled for Saturday 21st - I think that at the time the Street trip to Cardiff was down for Saturday 7th March.
peterr

Postby peterr » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:58 pm

The long range forecast for the latter part of next week is currently showing as quite Spring-like (cool, some sun and predominantly dry), so the first choice date for the Landscape SIG outing to the Elan Valley will be Friday 20th March. We will use Sunday 22nd March as a reserve day in the event of the forecast changing and Friday looking a complete washout. We will therefore avoid the clash with the Street SIG outing to Cardiff.

We will meet up at the Elan Valley Visitor Centre at 11a.m. This is located near Elan Village at the foot of the Caban Coch dam. The closest postcode is LD6 5HP, or for those with an OS map or OS App the Grid Ref is SN928 646. I suggest we partake in an early lunch or a brunch at the Visitor Centre before getting down to some photography.

The names I currently have for Friday are:
PeterR, JulieR, MarkH, VickyW, PaulB, MarilynNS
If there are any other members interested please indicate below on this thread.

For those interested in car sharing please also indicate on this thread and state whether you need a lift or whether you are happy to drive. Julie and I are happy to take a car and will have one space.
peterr

Postby peterr » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:10 pm

Glad you can make it Jacques. Yes, your wife is very welcome to come along.

PeterR
peterr

Next

Return to Landscape