Malvern View Comp

Phil Hitchen has offered to lead this group which intends to expand the skill of those interested in landscape photography. Group meetings will include discussion and field trips. Phil can be contacted using landscape@beaconcameraclub.co.uk.

Malvern View Comp

Postby kimw » Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:09 am

Wednesday 11th November Zoom meeting . 
 Due to ongoing restrictions I have no group practicals planned (car sharing is an issue )
However... the group will run a Malvern view comp  to be judged on 10th Feb .

Malvern View images will be able to be uploaded as normal, up to 4 images per person.
 All images will need to be taken of the hills  BUT not from the hills,
 so any image that has some recognizable part of the Malvern Hills counts.
 Images will be judged by the group from the beginning of Feb in the same format as the Charlie Williams Comp.
 We will critique  the images and then have the author say a bit about it on the 10th Feb Zoom meeting. Prize... I`ll do you a A2 print of the winning image. 
ALL IMAGES NEED TO BE NEW,Not dragged from your back catalogue :)

Any other Landscape images you take can be uploaded to the critique thread on the Forum . (The more the better) 
 Please  critique the images for those that do upload them.Its a little disheartening to upload an image and have nothing said.    Be firm but fair with your critique.It`s all well and good saying nice things about an image , but without some comment on how to improve it`s a little pointless uploading anything. 
 Download the images and do your own take on them , then upload your version for others to see.  Say why you processed it that way, how etc.

kimw

Re: Malvern View Comp

Postby paulb » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:18 am

Kim - where do we upload images to? Is there a deadline?
paulb

Postby TonyMac » Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:15 pm

The Images will be able to be uploaded via the comp entry system . We are just seeing if we can adapt the system to accept more than one image in the Charlie Williams type format. I will let you know.
TonyMac
Summer programme secretary

Postby paulb » Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:53 pm

Tony, the deadline is approaching but I still can't see where to upload them. Could you point me in the right direction? Thanks.
paulb

Postby kimw » Fri May 07, 2021 10:09 am

Wednesday 12th May.

This week we will go back to Zoom and look at our images of the Malvern Hills. Each image will be looked at and critiqued by the members with the author saying their bit at the end. Scores will be announced and the winner proclaimed.
kimw

Postby billf » Sun May 09, 2021 10:01 am

Will we be meeting at 8pm on Wednesday 12 May for the review of the images?
billf

Return to Landscape