Wildlife direct email address

Ask your questions about forum operation or facilities.

Wildlife direct email address

Postby MarilynNS » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:54 pm

How do I send an email directly to the wildlife SIG group? I tried copying and pasting it into my hotmail account but it did not work and I can't seem to find a way to send an email on the forum.
MarilynNS

Re: Wildlife direct email address

Postby RuaridhM » Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:35 pm

Send a normal email to nature@beaconcameraclub.co.uk. That email account is set up to send emails on to Simon.

It does depend what you meant when you said 'it did not work'. Previously, I was getting emails back with the subject 'Delivery Status Notification (Failure)' and containing the error message 'Address not found '. My message to that address did get through last night, but if you got this error message, then it shows that something is still not right - though what that something is is still a puzzle.

If, on the other hand, you wanted to email everyone in the group, I think you'd have to set up a mailing list yourself - or email Simon and ask him to send it out to everyone.
RuaridhM
Club Secretary

Re: Wildlife direct email address

Postby MarilynNS » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:40 am

Hi Ruaridh
Thank you for your reply, it was indeed an error message from my hotmail to say the email address was incomplete! and not recognised, I copied the email address from the SIG group message posted by Simon and then pasted it into a new message on hotmail to send to Simon, the link in the SIG group is not an active one so you can't just click on it to generate an email. Hope that makes sense.
Marilyn
MarilynNS

Return to How do I....?