Gloucestershire in the rain

Post your images here for a (perhaps frank!) appraisal by other club members

Gloucestershire in the rain

Postby rogerb » Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:55 pm

In response to Bill's suggestion that we should revive the Critique Thread and the Take a Look, here are two from a rather wet walk last Sunday in Gloucestershire. I chose the critique thread as I am sure that there will be people who don't like the second one!

_3159177web.jpg

Here I liked the contrast between the fine lines of the polytunnels, and the stark ridges of the ploughed field in front of them, and between the elegant curves and the straight lines, The original has sky in it but I deliberately cropped removed everything about the curves.

_3159158web.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rogerb

Re: Gloucestershire in the rain

Postby billf » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:39 pm

Hello Roger,

I like the first one more than the second.

First one very graphic and contrasty which is suited by monochrome treatment, considering its irregular it has got acceptable symmetry, wondered if it were cropped square might be even more punchy.

Second one is just a bit too haphazard though it does give the feeling of soggy, sodden wintertime.

Cheers

Bill Fleming
billf

Re: Gloucestershire in the rain

Postby IanT » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:43 am

Proper 'grungy', both of them.

The top one has most interest, I think, as there is some draw into the graphic enigma at the top, the 'draw' being stopped in its tracks by the horizontal line of grass .

The lower image on the other hand has nothing for me - whilst we can see that there are some tress in it, it's a bit of messy collection of 'I don't know what'! It warrants the mandatory 5 second inspection but has not the story to keep me longer than that, I fear.
IanT
Internal CompSec

Return to Critique thread