On the Malverns

Show your pictures to members for a non-critique discussion about them

On the Malverns

Postby nigelc » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:47 pm

Here are some images that I`ve taken on the Malverns last week
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nigelc

Re: On the Malverns

Postby PhilC » Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:59 pm

Hi Nigel
Very much like the first image from above the cloud layer, that is a blanket, but with the dark hole of the tallest hill.
The second image is nice, but is the snow a little over exposed? Would you like to experiment and rotate it 45degrees right, so that the sticks are pointing to the corners? Rather a lot of negative space in image 4.
My part of Herefordshire didn’t see much snow, and there isn’t a local hill high enough to be above the cloud base. And travel is not really allowed... but nice to see the Malverns painted by you.
PhilC

Re: On the Malverns

Postby PeterJ » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:34 am

Hi Nigel, I really like the first one, it's a scene I only seem to see when I'm driving and then of course I can only take quick glimpses of it...not that I should be distracted of course.

WE were very lucky snow and frost wise here (Ledbury) and I've had great fun taking lots of B&W photos of it all. I hardly dare wish for the Beast from the East again but if it does turn up I'll be out there making the most of it.

Stay safe and keep going eh...

Peter
PeterJ

Return to Take a look at this!